- 2 green apples finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, serrano or, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, small finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cups mixed herbs cilantro, such as parsley and mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roasted and chopped
- 3/4 cup chives, finely chopped
Place the green apples, serrano or jalapeño, shallot and garlic into a bowl and toss with sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add in the red wine vinegar and let sit for a few minutes.
Place the herbs and olive oil into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Pour that mixture over top of the apple mixture and toss. Season with 1 more teaspoon of salt.
When you’re ready to serve, add in the walnuts and chives.