- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 ½ cups Fontina, combined shredded, mozzarella and parmesan, divided
- 8 ounces spaghetti, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 bunch chives, small, chopped
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced and sautéed until crispy then cooled
Serves: Makes 24 doughnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix cracker crumbs with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and 1 cup shredded cheese mix; set aside.
Cook spaghetti in salted water according to package instructions, until al dente.
Drain pasta and return it to the pot. Stir and coat the cooked spaghetti in the remaining melted butter and beaten egg. Add milk and the remaining shredded cheese mix.
Spoon the mixture equally into a greased donut pan. Sprinkle the top with cheese-breadcrumb mixture. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and the donuts feel firm.
Remove donuts from pan. Sprinkle with chopped pancetta and chopped chives before serving.