“A most delicious holiday treat – our Mint Chocolate Speckled Milk Shake! This treat will surprise you because it is so indulgently delicious, but secretly healthy because we make it with bananas in place of actual ice cream! Creamy and full of flavor!!”
- 1 1/2 ripe and frozen bananas, (place bananas in the freezer about 6 hours before using)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, good quality semi-sweet
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract*, pure
- 1 cup milk (whichever, type you like, we use plain almond milk)
- Toppings: chopped up chocolate chips to “speckle the top” or place in bottom of your cup
- *You can get this at most supermarkets. Make sure you don’t get spearmint.
Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
Serve in a fancy glass and top with a little chopped chocolate and a light drizzle of chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
Tip: We never throw away bananas now, we store all of our ripe bananas in a bag or airtight container so we have ingredients for this shake all of the time.