This cheese-and-ham stuffed chicken dinner is tasty AND healthy.
Excerpt from "Lose Weight By Eating" by Audrey Johns. Copyright © 2016 by Audrey Johns. Used with permission by William Morrow Cookbooks. All rights reserved.
- Olive oil spray
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, shredded Gruyère or
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped fresh
- 1/3 cup yogurt, 0% Greek
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk, (but any milk will work)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, prepared
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dill, chopped fresh
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme, chopped fresh
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup cucumber slices
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with oil spray.
Arrange the chicken breasts in the baking dish so that they don’t touch. Smear the top of each with 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon, 1 slice of prosciutto, 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese, and 2 tablespoons of the panko. Sprinkle the thyme over the chicken breasts, spray lightly with oil spray, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted, the panko is browned, and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and the juices run clear.
Meanwhile make the salad: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, almond milk, horseradish, dill, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
Cut the romaine into bite-sized pieces and divide among the plates. Top with the tomatoes, carrot and cucumber. Drizzle the salad dressing on top, and serve with the chicken.