Roasted Cauliflower Soup and Parsley Salad Bruschetta
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
- 1 large bulb garlic
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling plus 5 tablespoons, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- About 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large bay leaf
- A small bundle of fresh thyme tied with the parsley stems from the salad
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 chunk Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese rind (optional)
- 1 quart vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
For the bruschetta
- 1 bunch (1 cup packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 small ribs celery heart with leafy tops, very thinly sliced on a bias
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers in brine, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Crusty white peasant, Italian or country-style bread, sliced 1/4-inch thick and grilled on a panini press or charred over a flame or under broiler
Serves: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Cut the end off of the garlic bulb and drizzle the cloves with EVOO. Season with salt and pepper, and wrap in a foil pouch. Place in oven and roast 45 minutes.
Arrange the cauliflower on a large baking sheet and coat with olive oil spray. Season with salt, black and white pepper, and nutmeg. Roast about 30 minutes until golden and just tender.
Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Add onions, bay, herb bundle, salt and pepper, and cook to soften onions, 5-7 minutes. Add wine, let evaporate then add rind, stock and 1 cup water. Bring to boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
When cool enough to handle, remove garlic from skins and mash them into a paste. Add paste to soup along with the roasted cauliflower, reserving a few small florets for garnish.
Simmer soup 10-15 minutes more.
Combine parsley leaves, celery, red onions and capers in a mixing bowl. Dress with lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons EVOO.
Cut toasted or charred bread into small portions and top with salad to let it soak into bread a bit.
Remove herb bundle and rind from the soup then purée it with an immersion blender. Stir in cream and adjust seasoning to taste.
Serve soup garnished with small cauliflower florets and an extra drizzle of EVOO, with parsley salad bruschetta alongside.