For the Everything Bagel Spice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, such as Du Four, defrosted
- 1 package cocktail-style wieners, such as Boar’s Head Beef Frankfurters
- 1 bottle deli mustard
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of milk or water
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine ingredients for spice mixture in a small bowl. Set aside.
Sprinkle a little flour on the table and lay out the puff pastry with the longer side towards you.
Cut the puff pastry in half lengthwise into strips about 4 1/2-inches wide. Then cut each of the strips vertically into 9 pieces around 1 1/2-inches wide.
Spread about half a teaspoon of deli mustard over the surface of each piece of dough. Place one mini dog on the part of the rectangle closest to you then roll the dog up in the dough so it’s peeking out on both sides of the roll.
Brush the top of the piggies with egg wash and sprinkle with the Everything Bagel spice mixture. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve straight from the oven.