Hoisin Meatballs and Green Rice with Sesame
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
For the meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- Salt and pepper
- 1 inch ginger root, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 3 scallions, whites and light green tops, finely chopped
- A small handful cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Tamari/soy sauce
- 1 egg
- About 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- About 1 tablespoon safflower, canola or vegetable oil
For the sauce
- About 1/3 cup Hoisin sauce
- About 1/4 cup ketchup
- About 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Sriracha, to taste
For the rice
- 1 tablespoon safflower, canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 slice ginger root about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 1 bunch (3/4 pound) farm spinach (medium-size leaves), stemmed
- 2 scallions, whites and greens, coarsely chopped
- A small handful cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
Serves: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine meatball ingredients in a bowl and roll small to medium meatballs about 1 1/4-inch in diameter. Arrange meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast 12-15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Meanwhile, add sauce ingredients to a skillet and simmer to combine.
Toast rice in oil in a saucepot and season with salt and pepper. Add stock, ginger and garlic, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover; cook rice 15 minutes.
In a food processor, finely chop spinach, scallions and cilantro, if using. Add to rice along with sesame oil and seeds. Adjust salt to taste or season with soy sauce.
Add meatballs to skillet with sauce and toss to coat.
Serve meatballs on a bed of Green Rice with Sesame.