- Cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- 1/2 cup flax seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, whole-wheat panko
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken breast, boneless skinless, sliced into tenders
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a shallow dish, beat egg and water to create an egg wash. In another shallow dish, stir together the flax seeds, breadcrumbs, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest and salt. Dip the chicken slices into the egg wash, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture; place on the baking sheet. Spray the chicken with the cooking spray.
Bake, flipping halfway through, until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Adapted from "Food Can Fix It"by Mehmet Oz. Copyright © 2017 by Mehmet Oz. Used with permission by Scribner. All rights reserved.