- 36 spears asparagus, trimmed of tough ends
- About 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A small handful parsley, finely chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Fabanaise or mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Set up a breading station with three shallow dishes: In the first dish, place the flour seasoned with salt and pepper; in the second dish, beat the eggs with salt and pepper; combine Panko, breadcrumbs, cheese, lemon zest and parsley in the third. Pass the asparagus spears first through the flour, then egg, and lastly coat in breadcrumbs. Line the spears up on the parchment-covered baking sheet and spray with olive oil cooking spray to lightly coat. Transfer pan to oven and bake until golden and crisp, about 8-10 minutes.
Combine dressing ingredients in bowl and transfer to serving dish.
Arrange the asparagus on a platter and serve with dressing for dipping.