Serve with a sliced celery, celery leaf, chopped parsley, shredded manchego salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin (EVOO)
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped a handful of leaves, finely chopped , for serving
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 piquillo peppers, in water, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 pound hot Spanish chorizo, casings removed and meat cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar, or splash of dry sherry
- 1 can passata, (15-ounce)
- chicken stock, 1-2 splashes
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 4 eggs, large
- parsley, chopped fresh, Handful
- Crusty bread
Heat a medium-large cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet over medium high. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Add oil to the skillet, two turns of the pan. Add onion, chopped celery and garlic, and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies soften, about 5 minutes. Add peppers and chorizo. Cook until fat renders, 2-3 minutes. Add sherry vinegar to the pan. Stir in passata, chicken stock, and Tabasco. Make 4 wells in the chunky sauce. Crack 1 egg into a ramekin, then drop into a well in the sauce. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs.
Transfer skillet to the oven. Bake until eggs are soft- to medium-poached, 12-15 minutes.
Top with chopped parsley and celery leaves. Serve from the skillet into shallow bowls. Pass crusty bread alongside.
From Rachael Ray Every Day, March 2018.