Rachael's Spring Pasta with Peas, Asparagus, Prosciutto and Onio…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed of tough ends, thinly sliced on bias
- 3 green spring onions, whites and light green tops, or 1 bunch scallions, whites and light greens tops, sliced on bias
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped, or 1 bulb green garlic, whites and light greens, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shelled green peas
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 pound penne or campanelle or fiore pasta
- 1 Gem romaine lettuce or Bibb/Boston lettuce, coarsely chopped
- ¼ pound Prosciutto di Parma, trimmed of fat, cut across into 1 inch ribbons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Shaved or grated Parm or pecorino, to serve
- Chopped tarragon or basil, to garnish
Heat a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add EVOO. To the hot oil, add the asparagus, onions, garlic, peas, salt and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add wine, evaporate. Add stock and reduce heat to low.
Salt water and cook pasta to 1 minute less than package directions. Reserve 1 cup starchy cooking water and drain pasta. Add pasta to vegetables. Remove from heat.
Wilt lettuce into pasta and toss with ham. Add lemon juice, adjust seasoning and serve in shallow bowls or serving bowl topped with cheese and tarragon or basil.