"Don't put the mint in until you’re just ready to serve," Rach says. PS: These are delicious with her Lemon-Glazed Ham.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ to 2 pounds shelled fresh peas
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup packed mint and parsley
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
Heat EVOO in pan over medium heat, add butter and melt into oil. Add shallots and garlic, cook 2 minutes, then add half the peas and all the chicken stock, bring to boil.
Pulse process the herbs and remove to small bowl. Add peas and stock to processor and process until smooth, then add back to pan with remaining whole peas and heat them through 2 minutes. Add herbs and juice of 1 lemon, adjust salt and serve.