Celebrity chef Anne Burrell's stops by the show for our 10-Minute Taco Tuesday challenge and delivers with a fast, easy and delicious one-pan recipe.
- 24 soft flour tortillas
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for pan
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro stems, minced, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ pound spicy fresh chorizo
- About 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Zest of 2 limes, plus juice of 1 lime
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 ear corn, kernels removed
- About 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream, for serving
Preheat an oven for 350˚F. Divide tortillas into two stacks, and wrap each stack in aluminum foil. Place in the oven to warm while preparing the taco filling.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, then add the onion and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the jalapeno and season with salt and pepper, then cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the garlic and cilantro stems for 1 minute, then add the chicken and chorizo and stir to combine, adding more olive oil, if needed, and pan is too dry. Season with the cumin and lime zest, then stir in the salsa, black beans and corn kernels. Add the lime juice and cook until the chicken and chorizo are cooked through.
Remove the warmed tortillas from the oven. Layer two tortillas together, then add a pinch of cheese, top with some chicken filling, then sprinkle on more cheese and the cilantro leaves. Serve with sour cream, if using. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, cheese, chicken filling, cilantro leaves, and sour cream.