This take on an egg-and-tortilla dish gets a big boost in flavor from spices and the tingly heat of a jalapeño chile.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chile, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ palmful cumin
- ½ palmful coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 8 corn tortillas
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups white meat chicken, either poached or from a rotisserie, diced
- Guacamole, for serving
- Pico de Gallo, for serving
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over high heat. Once hot, add the onion, jalapeno and garlic. Season with cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent. Add black beans and continue to cook until warmed through.
While the beans cook, char the tortillas over a high flame. Once charred, cut in half and then cut into thin strips. Set aside.
Lower the heat on the pan and add the eggs. Once eggs are nearly set, fold in the chicken and charred tortilla strips.
Serve in shallow bowls topped with guacamole and pico de gallo.