Rach whips up a chilled and refreshing bowl of spicy ramen topped with fresh king crab or Dungeness crab that’s great paired with her Japanese Hot and Sticky Chicken Wings.
- 12 ounces (1 package) ramen noodles, such as Hakubaku (available online from Walmart) OR 4 packages (3 ounces each) of packaged ramen (discard flavor pouches)
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek or gochujang chili paste
- 1 inch ginger, grated or minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped or minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or shoyu
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro or shiso leaf, chopped
- 1 lime
- 12 ounces (¾ pound) king crab leg meat or Dungeness crab, picked for shells and pulled
- ¼ cup chopped peppadews, mild or hot, drained and chopped pickled peppers
- 4 large eggs, medium boiled (8 minutes), cooled in cracked shells, then peeled and halved
Cook noodles in boiling water 3-4 minutes, drain. Cold shock, and pat dry.
Whisk up sauce in mixing or serving bowl and toss noodles with sauce: hot chili paste, ginger, garlic, shallot, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, herbs and juice of 1 lime. Toss noodles in sauce, then carefully fold in crab pieces. Serve noodles in bowls and top with chopped peppadews and a halved egg.