How To Make Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato Tacos By …
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
Rach likes to serve these BLT-inspired tacos with her Miso Messy Corn.
- 1 pound meaty bacon, 14-16 slices
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup sour cream, Mexican crema or Greek yogurt
- 2 limes
- About 1 ½ teaspoons hot sauce (such as Chipotle Smoked Tabasco or Jalapeño Tabasco)
- 3 gem Romaine lettuce, or 1 heart of Romaine
- 16-18 medium-large shrimp, deveined, peeled, and tails off
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon pimenton/smoked paprika
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded or not— if you like it hot—and finely chopped
- ½ small white or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered (or 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped)
- One small handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil or olive oil
- Sixteen 6-inch corn tortillas
- Miso Messy Corn, for serving
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Arrange bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake bacon until very crisp, 15-18 minutes.
Meanwhile, to a food processor bowl, add avocado, sour cream, juice of ½ lime and hot sauce. Puree until smooth and place in serving bowl or squeeze bottle with top trimmed a bit to allow for a thick sauce.
Coarsely chop or shred the lettuce and place in bowl or dish.
Place shrimp in a medium bowl and season with salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, garlic, onion and paprika.
In a medium glass bowl, combine chili peppers, red onion, garlic, salt, and juice of 1 lime. Quarter the tomatoes or chop and add to bowl. Chop cilantro and add to tomatoes. Stir the salsa to combine.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with oil. Add spiced shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, 4-5 minutes, then add juice of ½ lime.
Char and soften the corn tortillas over an open flame on a gas burner or in a stainless steel skillet or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Keep warm in clean kitchen towel.
Build tacos to serve: tortilla spread with some avocado sauce, bacon, lettuce, shrimp and tomato salsa.
Serve with Miso Messy Corn.