How To Make Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato Tacos By …
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Rach likes to serve these BLT-inspired tacos with her Miso Messy Corn.
- 1 pound meaty bacon, 14-16 slices
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup sour cream, Mexican crema or Greek yogurt
- 2 limes
- About 1 ½ teaspoons hot sauce (such as Chipotle Smoked Tabasco or Jalapeño Tabasco)
- 3 gem Romaine lettuce, or 1 heart of Romaine
- 16-18 medium-large shrimp, deveined, peeled, and tails off
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon pimenton/smoked paprika
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded or not— if you like it hot—and finely chopped
- ½ small white or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered (or 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped)
- One small handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil or olive oil
- Sixteen 6-inch corn tortillas
- Miso Messy Corn, for serving
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Arrange bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake bacon until very crisp, 15-18 minutes.
Meanwhile, to a food processor bowl, add avocado, sour cream, juice of ½ lime and hot sauce. Puree until smooth and place in serving bowl or squeeze bottle with top trimmed a bit to allow for a thick sauce.
Coarsely chop or shred the lettuce and place in bowl or dish.
Place shrimp in a medium bowl and season with salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, garlic, onion and paprika.
In a medium glass bowl, combine chili peppers, red onion, garlic, salt, and juice of 1 lime. Quarter the tomatoes or chop and add to bowl. Chop cilantro and add to tomatoes. Stir the salsa to combine.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with oil. Add spiced shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, 4-5 minutes, then add juice of ½ lime.
Char and soften the corn tortillas over an open flame on a gas burner or in a stainless steel skillet or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Keep warm in clean kitchen towel.
Build tacos to serve: tortilla spread with some avocado sauce, bacon, lettuce, shrimp and tomato salsa.
Serve with Miso Messy Corn.