How To Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Soup By Rachael
Nick & Vanessa Lachey Talk New Netflix Dating Show + Creamy Chic…
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup By Carson Kressley
Jeff Mauro’s Chicken Salad Wrap with Turbo Broccoli Cheddar Soup
How To Make Quick Chicken Pot Pies By Rachael
How To Make Chipotle Chicken and Black Bean Burritos By Rachael
How To Make Roasted Garlic White Flatbread Pizza & Calabrian-Sty…
How To Make Creamy Orecchiette with Hot Sausage, Broccoli and Su…
How to Make Cheese Pumpkin Soup and Grilled Cheddar Cheese Sandw…
How To Make Spicy Mexican Chicken Rice Soup By Rachael
How To Make Coconut Rice Pudding With Leftover Rice By Gail Simm…
Rach's one-pot soup is a delicious way to eat your broccoli—in a creamy broth with shredded rotisserie chicken + two kinds of rice.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large leek, halved, cleaned and thinly sliced, white and light green tops only
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour or gluten-free flour
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups half-and-half
- About ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- About 1 ½ teaspoons cumin and caraway seed, toasted and ground in spice mill (optional but recommended)
- 1 cup wild and brown rice (Rach likes Lundberg Wild Blend or Bob’s Red Mill Wild and Brown Rice)
- 1 pound broccoli or broccolini, fine chop to small dice
- 3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken meat, pulled or chopped (OR plant-based grilled "chicken" product)
- 2 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese, optional
In a soup pot over medium to medium-high heat, melt butter, add carrots, leeks and garlic, season with salt and pepper, stir 2 minutes, add flour and stir a minute more, stir in stock then bring to bubble, and whisk in half-and-half. Season the soup base with nutmeg, cumin and caraway if using.
Add the rice to hot soup base, simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the broccoli or broccolini and cook 20 minutes more to tender.
Stir in chicken and heat through, then add cheddar or garnish soup with it.