How To Make Chicken Cacciatore and Pappardelle By Rachel
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat Whole vs Refined Grains |…
How To Make Pho | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey Soy Glazed Salmon | Dr. Ian Smith
Deals From Rue La La: Genuine Soft Leather Jackets, Healthy Pres…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's Fun Cake Decorating Ideas For Spring
Former Rachael Ray Mag Editor Wrote 365 Thank You Letters In One…
How To Make Meatball Patty Melt Pizzas | Rachael Ray
Buddy Valastro Tells Rach He's at "About 75%" Strength in His Ha…
Buddy Valastro Surprises His Biggest Fan AGAIN—9 Years After Emo…
Jane Lynch Talks Hosting "The Weakest Link" Reboot + Rach Makes …
The rich flavors of Rach's chicken cacciatore do double-duty as a pasta sauce for long ribbons of egg pappardelle.
- 3 cups chicken or blend of chicken and beef bone broth
- 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms or mixed dry wild mushrooms
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground dried sage
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and halved across center top to bottom
- Salt and fine black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus 2 tablespoons for pasta
- 1 pound baby bella or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced, chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon Calabrian chili paste, or 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 3 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup red or white wine
- One 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 ounces chicken demi-glace or classic demi-glace
- 1 pound egg pappardelle
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus shaved parm to serve
- Finely chopped flat parsley, to serve
Heat bone broth and dried mushrooms in pot to low boil, reduce by a third and reconstitute the mushrooms.
Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta.
In a shallow pan, combine flour, white pepper, ground thyme and sage. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Dredge chicken in flour to coat evenly and shake off excess.
Add EVOO to skillet, 2 turns of the pan, brown half the chicken 2 to 3 minutes on each side, remove to a plate, add more oil, another turn of the pan, and repeat.
Once all of the chicken has been browned, add 3 tablespoons butter to the skillet and melt, add fresh sliced mushrooms and brown well, add thyme, salt and pepper, onions and garlic, cook to soften and add chili paste or flakes, roasted peppers, wine and tomatoes, break up with spoon, melt in demi-glace, add chicken and reduce heat to simmer. Pull the chicken out. Add reconstituted mushrooms, finely chopped, and the broth. Reduce sauce at a good bubble for 20 minutes and remove one-third of the sauce to a smaller pot. Slide chicken into remaining sauce and let it finish cooking through.
Salt water and cook pasta 1 to 2 minutes less than package directions, and reserve about ¾ cup salty pasta water. Toss pasta with remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the cheese and the reserved one-third of the sauce. Use reserved salty pasta water to loosen the sauce as needed.
Serve pasta alongside chicken and top the chicken with shaved Parm and parsley.