How To Make Chicken Stroganoff By Rachael
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
A creamy combo of chicken + mushrooms are served over egg noodles and topped with herbs in Rach's fresh take on Chicken Stroganoff.
- 1 rotisserie chicken or roast chicken, skin and bones removed
- 6 tablespoons butter (2 for egg noodles)
- ½-¾ pound Crimini or white mushrooms, brushed/wiped clean and sliced
- 1 onion (or 2 large shallots), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- About 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- About 1 ½ teaspoons paprika, ½ a scant palmful, plus a sprinkle for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup white wine or dry vermouth
- About 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1 ½ cups chicken stock or bone broth
- About ¾ cup sour cream or crème fraiche
- One 12-ounce bag extra-wide egg noodles
- Finely chopped dill and chives, to serve, about ½ cup combined
Bring water to boil for egg noodles.
Cut or pull chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat and melt 4 tablespoons butter. When it foams, add the mushrooms and lightly brown them, then add shallots or onions, garlic, thyme, lemon zest, paprika, salt and pepper. Partially cover the pan and cook 5-6 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour to fully combine, whisk in wine, evaporate it, then add Worcestershire and stock. Reduce heat to low, add sour cream or crème fraiche, then stir in chicken to warm through.
Salt water and cook egg noodles a minute less than directed, then drain, return to pot and combine with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and half the herbs.
Serve noodles and Chicken Stroganoff in shallow bowls topped with remaining herbs.