How To Make Chicken Stroganoff By Rachael
Bite-Size Buys From Rue La La: Box Of Preserved Roses, Satin Pil…
How To Soften an Itchy Sweater In 5 Steps | Fashion + Lifestyle …
How To Make Lemon Risotto | Rachael Ray
The Surprising Ingredient That Makes Delicate Clothing Smell Bet…
How To Wash a Dry Clean Only Sweater At Home Without Shrinking I…
"Superstore" Star Nico Santos Says Even The Prop Toilet Paper Wa…
Rachael's Orecchiette With Bacon + More Q & Ray + J Questions An…
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
A creamy combo of chicken + mushrooms are served over egg noodles and topped with herbs in Rach's fresh take on Chicken Stroganoff.
- 1 rotisserie chicken or roast chicken, skin and bones removed
- 6 tablespoons butter (2 for egg noodles)
- ½-¾ pound Crimini or white mushrooms, brushed/wiped clean and sliced
- 1 onion (or 2 large shallots), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- About 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- About 1 ½ teaspoons paprika, ½ a scant palmful, plus a sprinkle for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup white wine or dry vermouth
- About 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1 ½ cups chicken stock or bone broth
- About ¾ cup sour cream or crème fraiche
- One 12-ounce bag extra-wide egg noodles
- Finely chopped dill and chives, to serve, about ½ cup combined
Bring water to boil for egg noodles.
Cut or pull chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat and melt 4 tablespoons butter. When it foams, add the mushrooms and lightly brown them, then add shallots or onions, garlic, thyme, lemon zest, paprika, salt and pepper. Partially cover the pan and cook 5-6 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour to fully combine, whisk in wine, evaporate it, then add Worcestershire and stock. Reduce heat to low, add sour cream or crème fraiche, then stir in chicken to warm through.
Salt water and cook egg noodles a minute less than directed, then drain, return to pot and combine with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and half the herbs.
Serve noodles and Chicken Stroganoff in shallow bowls topped with remaining herbs.