Sour cream adds a cool creaminess to this riff on guacamole Rach made for Cinco de Mayo.
"I thought it would be fun to chill it out," Rach says about her riff on the classic Mexican side. "And John LOVES sour cream!"
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ small onion, white or red, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 lime or lemon, juiced
- 1 Haas avocado, halved and removed from skin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- About ¼ cup sour cream
In a bowl, combine the jalapeño pepper, onion, garlic, salt and lime or lemon juice. Let stand 10 minutes, add avocado and mash with fork to combine. Add cilantro, if using, and stir in the sour cream.