Rach's quick & easy spinach-artichoke dip is made with cream cheese, yogurt + cheese.
Rach's Serving Recommendations:
- Slather this on focaccia or flatbreads to make Spinach & Artichoke Pizza.
- Top a chicken paillard (thinly pounded butterflied chicken breasts) with this mixture for a high-protein/low-carb keto-friendly alternative to individual pizzas: Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Chicken.
- Heat this in a cast-iron skillet for a warm dip with fancy olive oil and herb chips and slab-cut bell peppers or garlic and herb pita chips.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 16-ounce bag chopped frozen spinach, defrosted, wrung dry and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1-1 ½ cups grilled artichoke hearts, chopped (packaged from produce department or jarred, drained)
- One 8-ounce brick cream cheese
- About ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and half juiced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella (¼ brick)
- 8 x 12 focaccia, 4 individual flatbreads, 4 butterflied, cooked chicken breast cutlets OR pita crisps, potato chips, red pepper planks
- 12 ounces more mozzarella (1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese
Turn on broiler for dip or preheat oven to 400˚F for pizzas.
Heat a medium cast-iron skillet over medium heat with olive oil, add garlic and stir a minute. Add spinach and season with salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, nutmeg (Rach uses her multi-grater), lemon zest, add artichokes and heat, add cheeses, yogurt and lemon juice and melt ingredients into a uniform thick but even mixture, broil to brown, or top bread or chicken and add more cheeses, bake to brown and bubbly at 400˚F.
To serve, spread finished dip on focaccia, flatbreads or cooked chicken breast cutlets, or use pita crisps, potato chips or red pepper planks for dipping.