How To Make Gochujang Skillet Chicken & Korean Rice By Rachael
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
Gochujang is a Korean chili paste that adds smoky, spicy sweetness to Rach's chicken and rice dish.
- Korean or other short-grain rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- About ⅓ cup gochujang fermented chili paste or extra-spicy gochujang
- About ¼ cup light soy sauce
- About 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- About 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons safflower or canola oil or olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cut in half across the lobe, halve the top of lobe horizontally, cutting each breast into 3 pieces OR 12 boneless, skinless thighs, well-trimmed of all bits of skin or fat OR a combination of white and dark meat
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large or 2 medium leeks, halved, washed and sliced ½-inch, whites and light greens
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and cut into 1-inch-long very-thin matchsticks, chopped or grated
- 5-6 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped
- ½-¾ cup chicken bone broth or stock
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
Soak rice 30 minutes, rinse and place in pot with water broth and a pinch of salt, bring to boil, cook 5 minutes, reduce heat to simmer and cook low 12-15 minutes, remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Stir rice from top to bottom to loosen.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, light brown sugar and lime juice.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat with oil, 2 turns of the pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken in hot pan in 2 batches, 2-3 minutes on each side and remove from pan. Add leeks, ginger and garlic and stir 2-3 minutes, add stock and let it absorb 2 minutes, stir in sauce, add chicken back and turn to coat, simmer low until ready to serve, top with sesame seeds, serve with rice.