Rach's Greek-inspired sheet pan dinner with feta cheese, potatoes + pepperoncini is so easy — and it delivers some big Greek flavor from lemon and oregano.
"This is one of those 'how could you not like it' meals," Rach says. "It's just so silly easy! And the leftovers as chicken salad, you could make a big Greek-style salad for lunch with red wine vinaigrette, and some peppers, sweet peppers, onions, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, some cracked Kalamata olives."
- 2 bulbs garlic, 16 to 18 cloves, peeled and trimmed of root end
- About ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 8 pieces bone-in, skin-on chicken, or 12 pieces of skinless chicken thighs or 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved across
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried), plus more to finish
- 2 halved lemons, plus ⅓ cup lemon juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds fingerling or small thin-skinned potatoes
- 12 to 16 ounces feta cheese, cut into large cubes
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, to finish
- 1 cup Greek pepperoncini peppers, optional
Place garlic in small pot and cover with oil, heat over medium heat until hot, then reduce heat to low and gently cook garlic about 20 to 25 minutes to light tan caramel in color. Remove from oil and mash with knife into paste. Let oil and mashed garlic cool.
Preheat oven to 425˚F with rack in center.
Pour cooled oil over chicken and add mashed garlic. Add oregano, halved lemons, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil and cook 5 to 6 minutes at full boil. Drain, halve, add to chicken and toss gently so you don't destroy the potatoes.
Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet, with all the chicken pieces skin-side up and the potatoes a mix of skin- or cut-side up. Tuck the feta all around it.
Roast chicken and tray of potatoes 45 to 60 minutes until potatoes are crisp and chicken is 160˚F on thermometer and feta chunks are browned. Top with parsley and oregano. Douse potatoes with juice of roasted lemons and top chicken with chopped or whole hot peppers, optional.