A seasoned yogurt marinade tenderizes lean chicken breast in this veggie-packed stir-fry dinner from Kelsey Nixon, host of BYUtv's "Dinner Takes All."
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 1 tablespoon greek seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, cored and sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup olives, pitted
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Cooked grains (rice, farro, bulgar)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- Feta cheese, for garnish
Combine ¼ cup olive oil, the greek yogurt, juice and zest of 2 lemons, the greek seasoning and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and seal, then massage the bag to ensure that the marinade is mixed thoroughly and coats the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat until very hot. Add the chicken and stir-fry until the chicken is almost cooked through and begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, bell peppers, and onion and stir-fry until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and olives and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the remaining lemon zest and juice and red wine vinegar and add to skillet. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve over cooked grains and garnish with fresh dill, cucumber, and feta cheese.