How To Make Chicken and Ricotta Meatballs By Rachael
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
How to Make a Strawberry Negroni | John Cusimano
How to Make Baked Fish with Bay and Breadcrumbs | Rachael Ray
Justin Long on Directing His First Movie, Lady of the Manor + Th…
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
Rachael's Husband, John, Tells Kate Hudson He Wants to Hang Out …
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
See Rachael's Italian Dream Home In First Look At New Facebook W…
How to Make Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Tomato Sauce and Crispy G…
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore | Rachael Ray
We Tried The TikTok Watermelon Slicer
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Ricotta adds a lighter texture to these meatballs that are simmered in a spiced-up tomato sauce.
Rach likes to serve these with her Garlic Bread.
- 2 pounds ground chicken (I prefer 1 pound white meat, 1 pound dark meat)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound ricotta, well drained
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley, ½ cup leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomato paste
- ½ cup red vermouth or red wine
- One 28-ounce can Italian crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes or ground pepperoncini, ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, about ⅓ palmful
- Garlic bread or pasta, for serving
Combine the meatball ingredients in a bowl and roll into 2-inch balls. Arrange on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and chill 30 minutes or overnight.
For the sauce, preheat a deep skillet or saucepot over medium to medium-high heat. Add the oil and once hot, melt in the butter. Peel and finely chop or grate the onion and add to the butter once it foams, soften a bit while you peel and chop or thinly slice the garlic, add garlic to onion, stir a minute. Add paste, then vermouth or wine and bring to a bubble. Add tomatoes to sauce and season with chili and oregano, then reduce heat and simmer to thicken a bit.
Preheat oven to 450˚F and place rack in center of oven.
Roast meatballs on lined baking sheet 12-15 minutes until light golden.
Add meatballs to sauce and simmer until ready to serve.
Serve with garlic bread or with pasta of choice.