"There [are] all these different plant-based burger products out there, and because my husband and I are meat eaters, I had never worked with them until this summer. It's something you should try, whether you're a meat-eater or a meat-freer. I'm telling you, I was pleasantly surprised. They're delicious and very addictive."
With white cheddar cheese and hot honey, even meat lovers won't miss the meat in these burgers.
"There are many store brands of hot honey to choose from, including Tabasco and Mike's Hot Honey," Rach says. "I make my own!"
- 1 cup honey (ideally one light in color and flavor, such as Acacia honey)
- 2 round tablespoons Calabrian chili paste or your favorite hot sauce
- 4 meatless burger patties, such as Beyond Burger or Impossible Burger, 1 ½ to 2 pounds for 6-8 ounce patties
- Salt and pepper
- About 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 8 slices muenster or white cheddar cheese
- 4 potato or onion kaiser rolls
- Sliced dill pickles
- Leaf lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced vidalia or sweet onion
For the Hot Honey: Funnel the honey and hot sauce into a squirt bottle. Run under hot tap water to loosen and shake to combine.
For the Cheeseburgers: Grill meatless burgers seasoned with salt and pepper in neutral oil in a hot cast-iron skillet, about 7 to 8 minutes over medium to medium-high heat. Top with 2 slices Muenster cheese or white cheddar cheese per patty during last minute of cooking time.
Assemble burgers: bun bottom, dill pickles, leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, cheeseburger, sliced onion, hot honey, bun top.