How To Make Mexican Chicken Pizzas By Rachael
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
Rach uses chicken pounded very thin (aka chicken paillard) instead of crust for her gluten-free Mexican "Pizzas."
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin, ½ a palmful
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander, ½ a palmful
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder, ½ a palmful
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated garlic, ½ a palmful
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated onion, ½ a palmful
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Non-aerosol cooking spray
- One 15-ounce can vegetarian refried beans
- Green hot sauce (Rach likes Tabasco Green Jalapeño), to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheese, such as Pepper Jack, mozzarella, Mexican cheese blend or cheddar, combined or pick your favorite
- Fajita-style peppers and tender-crisp pan-seared sweet peppers and red onions
- Lightly browned and crumbled Mexican chorizo
- Pickled jalapeño peppers, mild or hot
- Cilantro leaves
- Thinly sliced scallions, on a bias
- Guacamole or small diced avocado with lime
- Sour cream or Ranchero Cream
- 2 cups Mexican crema or sour cream
- ½ cup cilantro, a handful
- 2 cloves pasted garlic
- 1 cup finely grated cotija cheese
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 serrano or jalapeño peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
Place rack at center oven and preheat broiler.
Combine spices in a small bowl or dish.
Horizontally halve chicken breasts but do not cut all the way through, then butterfly them open. Pound the chicken very thin and even and season chicken with salt and pepper and spice blend on both sides.
Line a pan with foil and insert a wire rack.
In a small skillet, combine refried beans, about ¼ cup water and heat, add hot sauce to taste, then reduce heat to low.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, coated with cooking spray. Cook the chicken about 4 minutes, turning once, in 2 batches and arrange on the rack.
Spread the chicken with beans. Top with cheese and toppings of choice, broil to brown and serve.
For the ranchero cream, using a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until smooth.