How To Make Peanut Fried Rice with Everything or Anything By Rac…
How To Make Italian Fried Rice By Rachael
How To Make Cheeseburger Rice | Rachael Ray
How To Make Everything Pad Thai By Rachael
How To Make Texas Chicken-Fried Steak & Creamed Gravy By Rachael
How To Make Easy Oven-Fried Rice By Chef Dan Giusti, Founder and…
How to Make Chicken and Kimchi Stir-Fry with Bacon and Egg Fried…
How To Make Pork Katsu Sandos With Tonkatsu Sauce By Rachael
How To Make Chickpea Noodle Soup By Rachael
How To Make Chinese Beef and Broccoli with Black Bean Sauce By R…
How To Make Sticky Asian Chicken With Rice By Rachael
Rach created this fried rice with sweet & savory peanut sauce + everything bagel spice to satisfy a craving of a newly pregnant staffer—Senior Culinary Producer Jeanette Donnarumma.
Rach's Tip: The key to good fried rice is starting with cold cooked rice. If you don't have any leftover rice in the fridge, cool just-cooked rice down quickly by spreading it out on a baking sheet and sticking it in the freezer.
Shopping Tip: You can find everything bagel seasoning mix in the spice aisle at some grocery stores now (It's called "Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend" at Trader Joe's). The mix usually includes sesame seeds (white and black), poppy seeds, sea salt flakes, dried garlic, and dried onions.
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave, acacia honey or pourable light brown sugar
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated or minced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire or vegetarian Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, optional
- About 6 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 cups chopped protein (rendered bacon, chopped cooked shrimp, chopped rotisserie chicken, edamame or diced tofu)
- 1 sweet pepper and 2 fresh medium chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 red or white onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, blanched 2 minutes and chopped
- ½ cup pickled hot peppers, chopped
- 2 ½ to 3 cups cooked rice (about 1 cup uncooked—make sure to fully cool before using if you're not using leftover rice)
- 2 eggs
- Splash of Tamari
- Everything bagel seasoning mix
- Sliced scallions
- Chopped cilantro
- Pickled hot peppers or pepper sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts
For the sauce, combine ingredients in a small pot and simmer at a low boil about 10 minutes.
For the peanut fried rice, heat half the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add protein, then brown and remove. Add remaining oil and add peppers, leeks, onions, garlic, broccolini, and pickled peppers, stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, add rice, and brown the rice 3 to 5 minutes more, add protein and the sauce and toss.
For the eggs, add a splash of tamari to the eggs, whisk, scramble over medium heat in a small nonstick pan and mix into rice.
Serve with toppings of choice.