As part of our "12 Days Of Thanksgiving" countdown, Rach shared 2 delicious new side ideas: this unforgettable polenta recipe flavored with rosemary, honey, cheese and black pepper and Rainbow Broccoli or Cauliflower with Sausage. She says they're also delicious together for a meal.
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1½ cups coarse polenta
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Acacia or other light in color and flavor honey
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (a couple handfuls)
Bring liquids to low boil, add polenta, rosemary, pepper and a good pinch of salt, stir frequently for 25 to 30 minutes. Add water, if necessary, to thin if polenta gets too thick to stir before it softens. Stir in butter and honey and cheese. Polenta should be pourable from a ladle.
Serve polenta swirled into a bowl and pass at the table as a side.