How To Make Rachael's Chicken Riggies with Greens
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
"This is a mash-up of 'chicken riggies' and Utica-style greens," Rach says.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ pound meaty pancetta or prosciutto di Parma end cuts, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch flat kale, lacinato, or escarole, chopped or sliced
- Salt and pepper
- A little freshly grated nutmeg, about ⅛ teaspoon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- About ⅓ cup sliced Italian cherry peppers, chopped and a few tablespoons of juice
- One 28-ounce can Italian tomatoes
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- A few leaves of basil, torn
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ¼ cups homemade breadcrumbs or panko
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 1 tablespoons freshly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or 1 tablespoon freshly chopped
- 1 cup grated Pecorino or Parmigiano-Reggiano or a combination of the two
Heat a pot of salted water to boil for rigatoni.
Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, add EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, add pancetta or prosciutto and stir a minute or 2, add garlic and stir a minute, add greens to wilt and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add stock and cherry peppers and brine, bring to a bubble, then stir in tomatoes, break them up, and simmer 20 minutes to break the tomatoes down.
Meanwhile, remove skin from chicken and pull meat into small pieces. Add basil and chicken to sauce.
For the breadcrumb topping, in another skillet over medium to medium-high heat, melt butter into oil and add garlic, swirl a minute, then add breadcrumbs, toast to golden. Remove breadcrumbs from heat and toss with herbs and cool, then toss cool crumbs with cheese.
Cook pasta to 1 minute less than package directions for al dente. Reserve about ¾ cup salty water and drain pasta. Toss rigatoni with chicken and greens and add the water as necessary to keep the pasta moist. Serve the rigatoni in shallow bowls topped with breadcrumb topping.