How To Make An Egg-Battered Fishwich on Toast with Yogurt Tartar…
How To Make Egg Salad, Eggplant Salad + Tuna Salad by Rachael
How To Make Sriracha Special Sauce By Rachael
Rachael's Fish Francese
How To Make Pasta with Creamy Carrot Sauce and Peas by Rachael
How To Make Seafood Stuffed Shells with Vodka Sauce By Rachael
How to Make Cheese Pumpkin Soup and Grilled Cheddar Cheese Sandw…
How To Make Roasted Garlic White Flatbread Pizza & Calabrian-Sty…
How To Make Arthurs-Style Chicken Schnitzel with Whipped Honey &…
How To Make A French Toast Egg Sandwich | Food Trends With Chef …
How To Make Gnocchi with Pancetta & Mushroom Sauce By Robert Irv…
Golden battered white fish fillets with a creamy, punched-up tartar sauce — what's not to love about this spin on the classic fish sandwich?
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, whole milk or reduced-fat
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup fresh dill sprigs, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion or shallot
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets, or other thin mild white fish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper
- ½ lemon, plus 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- About ½ cup flour, for dredging
- About 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- About 3 tablespoons milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or safflower oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices good-quality white bread, lightly toasted
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, for topping
Preheat the oven to 200°F. For the sauce, in a medium bowl, stir the yogurt, lemon juice, dill, onion, pickle relish, Dijon, capers, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
For the fish, sprinkle the fillets with the granulated garlic; season with salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice from the ½ lemon on top of the fish. In a shallow bowl, whisk the flour and cornstarch. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk; season with salt.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high. Add half the butter. Dredge 2 fillets in the flour; coat with the egg. When the butter stops foaming, add the fish. Cook, turning occasionally, until opaque in the centers, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining butter, fish, flour, and eggs.
Serve with lemon wedges. Top the toast with some shredded lettuce and the fish — and lots of tartar sauce.