- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4-5 anchovy fillets, optional
- 1 tablespoon Calabrian chili paste or 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
Bring a few inches of water to boil in large skillet or pot and set a large bowl of ice water near sink. Salt the boiling water, cook rabes 3 minutes, then cold shock and drain, pat dry.
Heat EVOO, about ¼ cup or 4 turns of the pan in a skillet, over medium to medium-high heat, melt in anchovies and swirl in the garlic and chili paste or flakes, then add stock. Add broccoli rabe, reduce heat to low and cook until heated through. Add lemon juice to serve.