How to Make Not Mummy’s Nachos by Rachael
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
Tomatillo salsa, refried beans, chipotle sour cream + an extra-special topping of chorizo and pumpkin.
- 1 small sugar pumpkin or , halved, peeled, seeded, and cut into bite-sized pieces (or butternut squash)
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small mild red or green pepper or poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño or Fresno (milder) chili peppers or a combo, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (half a palmful)
- 1/2 cup water
- Two 14-ounce cans black beans
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Rach’s go-to is Frank’s RedHot)
- 5 large tomatillos, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon agave
- A handful cilantro tops, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons chipotle in adobo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1 1/2 cups smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- One 16-ounce bag blue corn tortilla chips
- Sliced jalapeño pepper rings
For the chorizo and pumpkin filling, heat oven to 450˚F. Arrange the squash on a baking sheet and spray with oil, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and chili powder. Roast to tender and brown at edges, 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 325˚F.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown and crumble the chorizo in olive or vegetable oil, add onion, garlic and peppers, and cook until onions are translucent. Add ½ cup water and let it absorb.
Combine squash with chorizo, and set aside.
For the refried beans, heat olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, jalapeños, salt, pepper and cumin, and cook 5 minutes to soften. Add water and reduce to 2-3 tablespoons. Add beans and heat through.
Transfer beans to the bowl of a food processor and add lime juice and hot sauce. Process until smooth, and adjust salt to taste.
For the tomatillo salsa, in a food processor, combine tomatillos, jalapeno or serrano, red onion, garlic, agave, cilantro and lime. Pulse to combine.
For the chipotle sour cream, process chipotle in adobo, sour cream, lime, and honey in food processor. Transfer to squeeze bottle.
For the nachos, arrange blue corn tortilla chips on parchment-lined baking sheet or sheets.
Toast chips at mid-level rack 2 minutes, top with even layer of half of both cheeses, toast 2 minutes, add black bean spread on melted cheese to keep chips from getting soggy. In an even layer, add chorizo and roasted pumpkin filling, then top with remaining cheeses and brown. Top with chipotle sour cream and dot with raw tomatillo salsa and pickled jalapeno rings.