Beef patties seasoned with smoked sweet paprika get topped with Rach's special sauce—a blend of ketchup, relish, sour cream and chipotle PLUS crunchy potato chips.
Note: For bacon burgers, bake off 8 meaty slices of smoky bacon, cut in half across, in oven on slotted pan at 400˚F until very crisp.
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup relish, preferred brand Wickles
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons chipotle-flavored hot sauce (Rach loves Chipotle Tabasco), to taste (or substitute ground chipotle in adobo sauce)
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds 80% lean ground beef (6- to 8-ounce patties)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika/pimenton, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 8 slices white American or white cheddar cheese
- Big Marty’s sesame seed burger rolls
- Blue potato chips
- Dill pickle chips
- Minced white onion
- Chopped iceberg lettuce
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high to high heat.
For the sauce, in a bowl, combine the ketchup, relish, sour cream, and salt and pepper, then add chipotle sauce or puree to your taste, 2 to 3 tablespoons.
For the burgers, combine beef with Worcestershire sauce and seasonings: salt and pepper, mustard, garlic, onion and paprika. Form beef into even mound and score into 4 portions. Form 4 patties thinner at center and thicker at edges for even cooking. Add oil to skillet, 1 turn of the pan, cook patties about 8 minutes, turning occasionally. Add cheese to burgers in last minute to melt.
Serve patties on buns: pickles, minced onion and iceberg, top with patty, potato chips, sauce and serve.