How To Make Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Marsala and Mascarpone By …
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
Mushrooms are sautéed and cooked down in marsala for the base of this creamy pasta sauce.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 pound Maitake or hen-of-the-woods mushrooms, pulled and tough stems discarded
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- A few sprigs rosemary, stripped and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup dry Marsala
- 1 cup chicken bone broth, or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound spaghetti
- ½ cup mascarpone, or crème fraiche
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- One handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Chopped toasted peeled hazelnuts or pine nuts, optional
Heat a large pot of boiling water for pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, melt butter into oil and when it foams, add the mushrooms, brown 15 minutes, stirring frequently, add shallots, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, stir 2-3 minutes more. Add the Marsala wine, about ½ cup, and swirl a minute, add bone broth or stock and reduce heat to low bubble, simmer.
Salt boiling water and cook pasta about 7 minutes, reserve ½ cup of starchy water and drain pasta.
Stir the mascarpone into sauce and turn off heat then add Dijon mustard. Toss spaghetti with sauce and cheese, taste to adjust seasoning. Top with parsley, and nuts if using.