How To Make Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Marsala and Mascarpone By …
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Mushrooms are sautéed and cooked down in marsala for the base of this creamy pasta sauce.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 pound Maitake or hen-of-the-woods mushrooms, pulled and tough stems discarded
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- A few sprigs rosemary, stripped and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup dry Marsala
- 1 cup chicken bone broth, or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound spaghetti
- ½ cup mascarpone, or crème fraiche
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- One handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Chopped toasted peeled hazelnuts or pine nuts, optional
Heat a large pot of boiling water for pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, melt butter into oil and when it foams, add the mushrooms, brown 15 minutes, stirring frequently, add shallots, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, stir 2-3 minutes more. Add the Marsala wine, about ½ cup, and swirl a minute, add bone broth or stock and reduce heat to low bubble, simmer.
Salt boiling water and cook pasta about 7 minutes, reserve ½ cup of starchy water and drain pasta.
Stir the mascarpone into sauce and turn off heat then add Dijon mustard. Toss spaghetti with sauce and cheese, taste to adjust seasoning. Top with parsley, and nuts if using.