- ½ - ¾ pound green beans, trimmed
- 10-12 small (2-inch) potatoes, white or yellow
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 to 8 pieces bone-in, skin-on chicken drummers, thighs, and split breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup Acacia honey, or other light in color or flavor honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, or a splash white wine or juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pimenton (smoked sweet paprika)
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Chopped parsley, to serve
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Heat a pot of water to boil and season with salt. Cook beans 2 minutes, remove with spider or tongs to ice-cold water bath, then drain and pat dry. To the boiling salted water, add potatoes and parboil 4 to 5 minutes; drain.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and brown well, 8 to 9 minutes; remove from pan. Halve potatoes and brown a few minutes cut-side down; remove. Add butter to pan and melt, add garlic and stir, then add honey, vinegar or wine or lemon juice, both grainy and Dijon mustards, pimenton, granulated onion, rosemary and chicken stock; whisk to combine sauce. Add chicken back to pan and coat with sauce, tuck in potatoes and cover; roast 20 minutes. Add green beans and then roast, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes more. Top with parsley and serve.