How to Make White Bolognese Lasagna by Rachael
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
How to Make a Strawberry Negroni | John Cusimano
How to Make Baked Fish with Bay and Breadcrumbs | Rachael Ray
Justin Long on Directing His First Movie, Lady of the Manor + Th…
Rachael's Husband, John, Tells Kate Hudson He Wants to Hang Out …
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
A creamy white sauce forms the base for this rich, hearty lasagna that’s spiked by fragrant herbs and spices.
Rach made this dish during our Holiday Giveaway Extravaganza Show and surprised everyone in the audience with one of her Lasagna Luggers, plus her Hard Anodized 8-Quart Oval Pot and a Lasagna Pan from her cookware line!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 pound pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound ground veal
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed or pollen
- 2 tablespoons sage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 large fresh bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- A rind of Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 4 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste, about 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 pound fresh ricotta, drained
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fruity, green extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 box flat lasagna sheets
- 2 cups grated Fontina cheese, such as Fontina Val d’Aosta or Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
For the bolognese, heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat with EVOO, add pancetta and render 2-3 minutes, add carrot, celery and onion and stir 5 minutes to soften, add meats and crumble, lightly brown, add garlic, fennel, sage, rosemary, bay, salt and pepper, add wine and let it absorb, add stock, cream and parm rind, and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400˚F with rack at center.
For the bechamel sauce, warm milk in small pot.
In a saucepot or pan, melt butter over medium heat, whisk in flour when the butter foams to combine, then whisk in warm milk, season sauce with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
For the ricotta filling, combine ricotta with Parm, egg, thyme, lemon zest and EVOO.
Assemble lasagna: half the béchamel, pasta sheets, half the meat sauce, pasta sheets, all of the ricotta, pasta sheets, remainder of the meat sauce, pasta sheets, remainder of the white sauce, fontina or mozzarella, and parm.
Cover the lasagna with foil, bake 30 minutes, uncover and bake 20-25 minutes more to brown and bubbly. Let the lasagna rest 10-20 minutes, then cut and serve.