- 4 ears corn on the cob, husked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, EVOO
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 2 thin leeks, cleaned and halved lengthwise, then sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed and chopped or sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound corn penne rigate with lines
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 ounces ricotta salata, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped mint and parsley, combined
Stand up corn in large bowl and scrape off kernels, then scrape down into the cob to release the sweet, milky juice from cob.
Heat a large pot of water to boil for pasta.
To a large skillet over medium-high heat, add EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Melt butter into oil and add the corn, jalapeño peppers, leeks, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta in salted water to al dente. Add half a mug of water to corn, then drain pasta.
Add lime juice to corn, then add pasta and cheese to the pan and half the mint and parsley. Toss to combine. Serve pasta in shallow bowls topped with remaining mint and parsley.