How To Make Red Chard and Ricotta Spaghetti with Bacon By Rachael
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
Wilted chard, creamy ricotta, and toasted hazelnuts give Rach's spaghetti dish extra texture and flavor.
- 1 large bunch red chard, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ⅓ pound smoked pancetta, diced (or 6 slices meaty bacon, chopped)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- About ¼ cup freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup chicken bone broth or stock
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese (sheep or cow's milk)
- 1 cup grated pecorino (sheep's milk) or Parm cheese (cow's milk)
- ½ cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
Place a large pot of water on stove to bring to boil for pasta.
Chop stems and shred leaves of chard.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, add smoked pancetta or bacon and render 2 minutes, add chard stems and shallots, cook 3-4 minutes and season with salt and pepper, add garlic, wilt in greens and season with nutmeg. Add stock and simmer greens on low heat.
Salt water and cook pasta to a minute less than package directions for al dente. Reserve 1 cup of starchy cooking water and drain pasta.
Add lemon zest and juice to greens.
Toss pasta with greens and ricotta and grated cheese and loosen with cooking water as needed. Top with hazelnuts.
Serve pasta in shallow bowls.