Sandwich Night: Rachael’s Chivito
How To Make Greek-Style Shrimp Scampi with Ouzo | Rachael Ray
Deals From Rue La La: Deep Foot Massager, Elegant Bedding Set + …
How To Make Roasted Eggplant Dip (Melitzanosalata) | Rachael Ray
How To Make An Easy Greek Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make Lemon-Garlic Rice Pilaf with Toasted Pine Nuts | Rac…
Tony Hale On Filming New I Love Lucy Movie With Nicole Kidman: "…
How To Make Pegan Chai Pancakes | Paleo Vegan Recipe From Dr. Ma…
How To Make Soufflé Pancakes with Blueberry Jam | Kid Chef Matth…
How To Make Fried Rice | Geoffrey, Madeline and Anna Zakarian
How To Make Ham, Egg + Cheese Hash Brown Waffles | BLD Recipe
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
This steak sammie with South American flair is piled high with toppings and finished with a delicious DIY herb sauce.
- 2 bell peppers, or mild large peppers, yellow and red
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 1 cup flat parsley, packed
- 1/2 cup cilantro tops
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- About 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- About 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, (EVOO)
- 3/4 pound very thinly sliced boneless rib eye, from your butcher, as for Philly cheesesteaks
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, or canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced mozzarella, or mild provolone
- 4 round or oval rolls
- Baby or hearts of romaine, thinly sliced tomatoes, and thinly sliced red onions, to serve
- 3/4 pound cooked ham, such as Prosciutto cotto (plain or with rosemary)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, available peeled in packages near fresh eggs
Broil or char peppers over open flame on gas stove to blacken and loosen skins. Place peppers in bowl and cover to cool. Seed and peel the peppers, then cut into strips.
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Arrange bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet, and bake to very crisp about 18 minutes.
To a food processor, add parsley, cilantro, oregano, shallots, garlic and jalapeño and pulse to finely chop, add vinegar and stream in EVOO.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef on hot pan with a drizzle of high temp oil in small batches to brown, season with salt and pepper and coarsely chop as you turn the meat with the spatula. Add cheese to melt, remove meat to platter and repeat.
Assemble sandwiches: roll bottom, lettuce, onion, steak/cheese, peppers, ham, bacon, tomato, egg, sauce, and roll top.