Scallops, shrimp and lump crab meat get mixed together under a comforting blanket of American cheese for a delicious seafood sandwich from Philadelphia Eagles superfan Eric Emanuele.
Eric's recipe for a Seafood Melt faced off against a Buffalo Chicken Dip from New York Giants superfan Joe Ruback. Judge and chef Sunny Anderson deemed Eric's melt the big winner, but try them both for yourself to declare your own favorite. (For the record, Sunny had a really hard time deciding!)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 3 scallops
- 3 colossal raw shrimp, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup cooked lump crab meat
- 5 slices yellow American cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Amoroso or hoagie-style roll
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chipotle mayo, preferably Sir Kensington's
Heat grill pan to 375˚F to 400˚F or a pan to medium-high heat. Add oil. Once hot, add the garlic and scallops to pan, then add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add crab meat to pan to warm through, then add cheese slices, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
Assemble sandwich on the toasted roll using shredded lettuce, chipotle mayo, and the seafood mixture.