How To Make Shrimp and Chorizo Paella | #StayHome With Rachael
How To Make Chorizo & Shrimp With Cheese Grits | Rachael Ray
How To Make Spanish Shrimp Scampi & Pimento Rice with Peas By Ra…
How To Make Chorizo Quesadillas With Spicy Ranchero Sauce By Rac…
How To Make Pad Thai With Chicken Or Shrimp | Rachael Ray
How To Make 7 Layer Tacos With Chicken & Chorizo | Hard Shell Ta…
Chorizo and Shrimp
How to Make Chicken and Kimchi Stir-Fry with Bacon and Egg Fried…
How To Make Skillet Barbecue Beans | #StayHome With Rachael
Cheese and Chili Arepas with Eggs and Chorizo
How To Make Bavette with Smoked-Almond Romesco and Lemony Greens…
"We're making shrimp and chorizo paella, but it's really about learning the method," Rach says, "rather than one specific route to it." In the video, Rach uses ramps instead of onion, because she was lucky enough to have a friend send some to her, but use whatever you like—leeks, spring onions or scallions will also work.
- 1 tablespoon pimenton/smoked sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (⅔ palmful)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (⅓ palmful)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 pound large shrimp in shell
- 1 quart vegetable or chicken stock OR 3 cups stock plus one 6-ounce bottle clam juice, optional
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- About ½ pound chorizo or plant-based chorizo, peeled and diced
- 1 small white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup short-grain rice, such as Bomba or Arborio
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 scant tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup dry sherry or white wine
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen peas
- ¼ cup diced pimentos or piquillo peppers
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
For the paella spice, combine spices in small bowl.
For the paella, if whole, peel shrimp and save shells and heads as well. Devein shrimp, cutting down backs of shrimp, then rinse and drain.
Toast shells of shrimp in saucepot over medium-high heat until pink, bright and fragrant, add stock and bring to boil, then reduce at low boil to 3 cups and strain.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high, add about 1 tablespoon EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, add the shrimp, salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes to just take the color off and get them going, then remove to a plate. Add remaining oil, 1 turn of the pan, then cook chorizo 1 to 2 minutes to render out some of the fat, then remove. Turn the heat down just a touch, then add onion and rice and toast 2 minutes, then stir in paella spice. Grate in garlic, then stir in tomato paste. Add sherry or white wine, turn up the heat, and pick up the browned bits using the tip of a wooden spoon. Add about three-quarters of the stock, stir and bring to a boil over medium-high for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed but not dry. Turn the heat down to medium-low, add peas, stir, then add peppers. Add back shrimp and chorizo, press into rice, then add remaining stock and cook 8 minutes more. Douse pan with lemon juice and top with parsley to serve.