How To Make Skillet Meatloaf With Korean Ketchup & Rainbow Chard…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
Rach's skillet meatloaf is glazed with a spicy layer of Korean ketchup and served with a hearty helping of seasoned greens.
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as safflower or canola
- 2 pounds ground beef (80%) or mix of beef and pork
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, grated or very finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 inches ginger, grated or minced
- About 3 tablespoons soy sauce or smoked soy sauce
- About 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1-1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats or panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons to ¼ cup gochujang (Korean chili paste), regular or extra-spicy
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Chopped scallions or chives, to serve
- 1 ½-2 pounds rainbow chard
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated, minced or pasted
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped on a bias
For the meatloaf, heat oven to 375˚F and brush or rub a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with oil.
Combine ground meat with salt, pepper, onion, garlic, ginger (Rach uses her multi-grater to grate the onion, garlic and ginger directly into the bowl), soy, Worcestershire and eggs. Begin with 1 cup of oats or panko added to the mixture, and add more if mixture is too wet. Fill pan and form an even, smooth top for meatloaf. Bake until meatloaf registers 140˚F on a thermometer, about 25 minutes. Pull from oven, add sauce and bake 5-10 minutes more or to 160˚F on thermometer.
For the sauce, in a small bowl, combine ketchup, gochujang and sesame oil.
Top the prepared meatloaf with scallions or chives to serve. Cut in wedges and serve directly from the pan.
For the salad, heat a large pot of water to boil, and season water with salt.
Stem chard and boil the stems 3 minutes, remove, cold shock, dry and chop into 1 inch pieces. Add greens to water, 30 seconds, then cold shock in ice water, dry and coarsely chop or shred into 1 ½-inch-wide ribbons.
Whisk up soy sauce, juice of 1 lime, sesame oil, sugar and garlic. Add the greens, sesame seeds and scallions, then toss and serve.