How To Make Skillet Meatloaf With Korean Ketchup & Rainbow Chard…
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
Rach's skillet meatloaf is glazed with a spicy layer of Korean ketchup and served with a hearty helping of seasoned greens.
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as safflower or canola
- 2 pounds ground beef (80%) or mix of beef and pork
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, grated or very finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 inches ginger, grated or minced
- About 3 tablespoons soy sauce or smoked soy sauce
- About 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1-1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats or panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons to ¼ cup gochujang (Korean chili paste), regular or extra-spicy
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Chopped scallions or chives, to serve
- 1 ½-2 pounds rainbow chard
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated, minced or pasted
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped on a bias
For the meatloaf, heat oven to 375˚F and brush or rub a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with oil.
Combine ground meat with salt, pepper, onion, garlic, ginger (Rach uses her multi-grater to grate the onion, garlic and ginger directly into the bowl), soy, Worcestershire and eggs. Begin with 1 cup of oats or panko added to the mixture, and add more if mixture is too wet. Fill pan and form an even, smooth top for meatloaf. Bake until meatloaf registers 140˚F on a thermometer, about 25 minutes. Pull from oven, add sauce and bake 5-10 minutes more or to 160˚F on thermometer.
For the sauce, in a small bowl, combine ketchup, gochujang and sesame oil.
Top the prepared meatloaf with scallions or chives to serve. Cut in wedges and serve directly from the pan.
For the salad, heat a large pot of water to boil, and season water with salt.
Stem chard and boil the stems 3 minutes, remove, cold shock, dry and chop into 1 inch pieces. Add greens to water, 30 seconds, then cold shock in ice water, dry and coarsely chop or shred into 1 ½-inch-wide ribbons.
Whisk up soy sauce, juice of 1 lime, sesame oil, sugar and garlic. Add the greens, sesame seeds and scallions, then toss and serve.