Serrano chiles and a southwestern spice add tons of flavor to Emeril's quick and easy turkey sliders.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds ground turkey, preferably a blend of thigh and breast meat
- ½ cup minced red onion, plus 1 cup thinly sliced
- ¼ cup minced green onion, white and green parts
- 1 or 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped, to taste
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 1 ½ tablespoons Emeril’s Southwest Essence Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 mini burger buns or small soft dinner rolls, warmed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 12 small lettuce leaves
- 12 slices tomato
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- Mayonnaise, optional
- Mustard, optional
- Ketchup, optional
For Emeril's spice blend, combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
For the turkey sliders, preheat a grill to medium-high.
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, minced red onion, green onion, chiles, egg whites, Emeril's spice blend, cumin, and Worcestershire. Mix gently but thoroughly. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions, and using your hands, shape them into 12 small patties, about 3 ½ inches wide each.
Place the burgers on the grill and cook until the turkey is just done and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165°F, about 3 minutes per side.
Serve the burgers on the mini buns, topped with the cheese, lettuce, tomato, sliced red onion, and avocado. Garnish with mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup to your liking.