Steak with Dijon-Herb Butter, Spinach Artichoke Baked Potatoes &…
Rach's French Onion Risotto + Kyan Douglas' Favorite At-Home Gro…
Queer Eye's Karamo Gives Viewers Advice + Rach's One-Pot Dinner
Rach's Stuffed Shells 2 Ways + Jacques Pépin's Salmon Au Gratin
Katherine Heigl Dishes On Her Netflix Show "Firefly Lane" + Rach…
Daphne Oz's Healthy & Cheesy Comfort Food + Athleisure Trends
Rach's Orecchiette With Bacon! Plus, More Q & Ray + J Questions …
Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Family Life With Sarah Michelle Gellar …
Rach's English Muffin Bacon, Egg & Cheeseburgers + Ty Pennington…
Tim Tebow's 3 Puppies + Tasty Twist On Coffee Cake From "Girl Me…
Meet TIME's First-Ever Kid of the Year + A Resilience Expert On …
Matthew McConaughey Shares Personal Stories From His Memoir + Ra…
Clinton Kelly's No-Bake Banana Toffee Pie + Rach's Steak Caesar …
Rachael Makes a Rotisserie Chicken Dinner + Hangs With Michael P…
Jacques Pépin Cooks From Home + A Surprise Virtual Baby Shower F…
Viral Video of Man Dancing Joyfully In The Snow After Getting Hi…
Emotional Surprise For Founder of Animal Rescue Non-Profit That …
How Do Rachael & John Take Their Coffee + How Much Do They Drink…
How To Make Spicy Fried Chicken | Rachael Ray
How To Make Oil 'n' Vinegar Slaw With Poppy Seeds | Rachael Ray
Rachael + John Passionately Sing "Could Have Been Me" With John'…
Rach gives steak and potatoes the VIP treatment! Boneless sirloin or ribeye steak gets topped with an herb butter, while the baked potatoes get a cheesy spinach-artichoke stuffing—all paired with an easy tomato salad.
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed and pricked with fork, coated with cooking spray and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 16-ounce bag chopped spinach, defrosted and wrung dry in a kitchen towel
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups grilled artichokes or grilled baby artichokes or drained canned or defrosted frozen artichokes, chopped
- 1 5-ounce package soft cheese (Rach likes Boursin) or 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- About ½ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- About ¾ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes, cored, quartered and sliced
- 1 white onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced dill
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 anchovies, minced or pasted (optional)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless sirloin steaks or boneless rib eye steaks, about 12 ounces each, well-trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil or non-aerosol spray
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
For the baked potatoes, preheat oven to 425˚F.
Bake potatoes about 45 to 50 minutes, then cool to handle.
Heat a skillet over medium heat with EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, add shallots and garlic and swirl a minute or 2, add spinach and heat through, add salt and pepper and nutmeg, lemon zest and juice, add artichokes and combine, then add Boursin cheese or cream cheese and melt, stir in sour cream and ¼ cup Parmesan and remove from heat.
Halve the potatoes lengthwise, scoop the center of flesh into a bowl, carefully protecting the skins and about ¼ inch of potato flesh.
Add spinach and artichokes to potato flesh in bowl, combine and refill potato shells or skins. Top stuffed potatoes with mozzarella and remaining Parm, and bake to browned and cheese is melted.
For the salad, combine ingredients and adjust seasonings.
For the butter, combine ingredients in a small bowl with a spatula until evenly mixed. Place on plastic wrap and roll into log. Refrigerate to firm the log of compound butter, slice into discs to serve on grilled meats or seafood or vegetables. Store in fridge up to 2 weeks or in freezer.
For the steaks, bring steaks to room temp and pat dry.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil or spray pan. Cook steaks 8 minutes, turning occasionally after the steaks caramelize, season with salt and pepper generously; let rest with ½-inch-thick discs of herb butter on top to serve.
Serve steaks with potatoes and salad alongside.