How To Make Sticky Asian Chicken With Rice By Rachael
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
Jennifer Tilly on Her Chucky Character Never Aging: "It's Really…
Family-Run Vietnamese Restaurant Lilly's Cafe Is Still a New Orl…
How to Make Corn Crème Brûlée | Richard Blais
How to Make Butter-Basted Ribeye Steaks | Richard Blais
How to Make Bucatini with Creamy Bacon and Onion Sauce | Rachael…
How to Make Charred Radicchio Salad | Rachael Ray
Sticky Asian chicken thighs are glazed with a sweet, garlic-ginger sauce and served over a veggie-packed green rice in Rach's latest MYOTO (Make Your Own Take Out).
Rach's Tip: Charred shishito or padron peppers sprinkled with flaky sea salt make a fun presentation piled on top of rice for this dish but it's not necessary.
- ½ cup pourable dark-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons each Chinese dark soy and light soy sauce, OR about ⅓ cup tamari
- 3 tablespoons hoisin
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 bunch scallions, whites finely chopped, reserve green tops for garnishing chicken
- 2 inches ginger root, finely chopped or grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 limes, juiced
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed (or 4 chicken breasts, halved across and the larger lobe halved horizontally)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola, safflower or olive oil
- 1 bunch scallion green tops, thinly sliced on bias
- Toasted sesame seeds, about 3 tablespoons
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 ¼ cups white rice
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
For the glaze, whisk ingredients to combine. (This can be done a day ahead.)
For the chicken, heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high to high heat.
Season chicken on both sides and add oil to pan to lightly coat, then brown chicken well, about 3 minutes on each side, remove, add glaze to pan and let simmer at moderate bubble for about 3 minutes, return chicken to pan, and toss to coat in glaze. Top with scallion greens and sesame and serve from skillet.
For the garlic green rice, bring broth or water to boil. Add rice and stir, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook rice for 15 minutes.
Place the spinach, scallions, chili pepper, garlic, ginger, and lime zest and juice in a food processor. Pulse to finely chop ingredients, then stir into rice at the 15-minute mark, cook 2-3 minutes more, remove from heat and let stand, covered, 2 minutes, then fluff with fork and transfer to a serving dish.