How To Make Succotash | #StayHome With Rachael
How To Make Skillet Barbecue Beans | #StayHome With Rachael
How To Make Vegan Burritos By Rachael
How To Make Pub Cheese | #StayHome With Rachael
How To Make Holy Smoky! Red Pozole By Rachael
How To Make Pub Cheese Burgers | #StayHome With Rachael
How To Make "Crabonara" with Corn By Rachael
How To Make Amped-Up Vegetable Nachos
How To Make White Miso Corn Soup By Rachael
How To Make Greek Relish | #StayHome With Rachael
How To Make Zesty Corn Pasta By Rachael
"These are all moving parts that you can mix and match," Rach says about this classic veggie side. "It's just really a method of quick-cooking corn and beans of some sort and using it as a fresh bright way to accompany your meal."
Rach likes to serve her succotash with her summer-ready Beer Can Chickens.
- 4 large ears corn
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 to 1 ½ cups shelled fava beans (remove from pods, boil 5 minutes, cold-shock and peel) or edamame or ¾ pound green beans, cut into thirds (blanched in boiling water 3 minutes)
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- ⅓ pound asparagus, thinly sliced on a bias
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, sliced or grated
- 2 chile peppers, such as jalapeño or red finger or Fresno chile pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 12 ramps or 6 spring onions or scallions, whites finely chopped and green tops sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh herbs, such as dill, tarragon, fennel fronds or basil
- 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced (optional)
Scrape corn kernels and milk from cob by standing in a large bowl, balancing the ears on a small, inverted bowl.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, add corn and let the sugars start to develop, 2 to 3 minutes. Add peas, fava beans, zucchini, asparagus, garlic, chilies, onions and ramp whites or green onion whites, season with salt and pepper, cook 4 to 5 minutes more, add ramp greens, herbs, tomatoes if using, lime juice, toss, and garnish with radishes if using.