Footballs fans (or really anyone) will love Sunny Anderson’s easy citrus “drummies,” which are perfect game day viewing fuel!
- 5 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 lemon, zested, plus 2 teaspoons juice and wedges, for serving
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 - 10 skin-on chicken drumsticks or legs , about 2 pounds, at room temperature
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
In a large resealable plastic bag, add the garlic, lemon zest and juice, Worcestershire sauce, vegetable oil, a nice pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Massage the bag to mix. Add the chicken, seal the bag and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove the chicken from the bag, shake off any excess marinade and season with salt and pepper; arrange in a single layer in a baking dish or baking sheet with sides, leaving about an inch between each piece to allow the air to circulate. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from the oven to a serving platter. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.