How To Make Swiss Cheese Burgers With Horseradish-Ranch Sauce | …
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
Rach updates the classic cheeseburger with caramelized onions and an easy horseradish-ranch sauce.
For the ultimate Memorial Day menu, Rach likes to serve these burgers with her Nacho Dogs, Chicago Dogs, Big Smack Burgers with Special Sauce, Skillet Barbecue Beans AND John's Boozy Coffee Egg Cream Cocktail.
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- 3 round tablespoons prepared horseradish (Rach likes Gold's)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- ¼ cup packed chopped fresh dill, parsley and chives, combined
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ¼ to 3 pounds ground beef sirloin (80% lean), or about 1 ½ pounds plant-based meat (Rach likes Impossible)
- 2 large Vidalia or yellow onions
- Olive oil
- Salt and white or fine black pepper
- Ground thyme
- 2 slices Swiss per patty
- 6 soft sesame seed buns (Rach likes Big Marty's)
- Sliced cornichons
- Watercress, upland cress or micro greens (optional)
Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl.
For beef sirloin, form 6- to 8-ounce patties thinner at center than edges for even cooking.
For plant-based meat, form thin patties, 4 to 5 ounces each, and season with salt and pepper.
Cook onions low and slow in olive oil over low heat to caramelize onions, 30 to 40 minutes, adding a little water halfway through to keep them moist. Season with salt, white pepper or fine black pepper, a little ground thyme, and a sprinkle of sugar.
Grill or cook patties in a preheated cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, 7 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, and melt cheese on patties last 1 to 2 minutes.
To build burgers: bun bottom, caramelized onions, sliced cornichons, patty with Swiss cheese, horseradish sauce, bun top. Optional: watercress, upland cress or micro greens on patty before sauce.