How To Make Vegan Burritos By Rachael
How to Make a Vermouth Spritz | John Cusimano
Stop Everything and Listen to "Buongiorno Baby"—the Song John Co…
How to Make Bistecca (Porterhouse) with Walnut Salsa Verde and C…
Rachael Reveals Her Favorite Place to Eat in Tuscany, Italy | Q …
What's In Our Meal Bag? 3 Sweet Stories from Viewers Who Tried R…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Rach's vegan burritos are layered with guacamole, pico de gallo, smoky black beans and corn, plus green rice spiked with jalapeños and spinach.
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup white rice
- One handful cilantro
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- About 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- About 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano, about ⅓ palmful, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Tabasco or chipotle in adobo paste or 1 ½ teaspoons ground chipotle powder, about ½ palmful
- Salt and pepper
- One 14-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen fire-roasted corn kernels
- One 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained (or 2-3 fresh tomatoes, chopped, about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 lime
- One small handful cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 2 limes
- ½ small white onion, grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt, to taste
- 4-6 large flour tortillas or gluten-free tortillas
For the green rice, bring stock or water and rice to boil, season with salt, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 12 to 13 minutes.
Finely pulse-grind the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and add to the rice at about 13 minutes. Cook, covered, 5 minutes more, then remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
For the black beans and corn, heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat and cook onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, chipotle, salt and pepper to soften 7-8 minutes while stirring, add ½ cup water and absorb, add beans and corn and heat through, reduce to low heat.
For the pico de gallo, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
For the guacamole, halve, pit and scrape avocados into bowl, add lime juice, onion, jalapeño, garlic and salt to taste.
To assemble, char tortillas over flame on gas top stove or in hot cast iron or stainless steel skillet to blister and heat 30 seconds on each side.
On each tortilla, spread some rice, about ¾ cup. Top with beans and corn, pico de gallo and guacamole. Tuck the sides in and roll the burritos tightly.
Place burritos on preheated nonstick griddle, seam-side down, and crisp up.
Halve the burritos to serve.